Serves Makes 8
Prep + Cooking Time
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted
- 200g light cream cheese
- 125g butter, chopped
- 10g butter, extra
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 450g grated mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 x 440g can chick peas, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup Pauls Natural Set Yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200°C, and lightly grease a baking tray.
- Blend flour, butter and cream cheese in a food processor to make a dough. Knead lightly until smooth.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Melt extra butter in a saucepan, sauté ginger, cumin and vegetables.
- Add juice, chick peas, coriander and rice. Set aside to cool.
- Divide pastry into 8, roll or press out into 18 cm circles.
- Divide filling between circles and fold in pastie shapes. Bake 20 minutes.
- Serve with yogurt.